As a presenter, you should read the whole thing, but here are some of the highlights:
Benefits to the Audience
- Helps the audience stay focused.
- The audience gets more content.
- The audience can participate.
Benefits for the Speaker
- The typing means you’re provoking interest.
- You’ll get immediate feedback.
- Your colleagues can answer questions for you.
Laura goes on to give great advice on how to manage and monitor the backchannel. Really a great read for anyone presenting these days.
And of course, if you use Today’s Meet to help manage and monitor it, that’s good, too.